OUR VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT
We believe that every child matters and that learning should be fun, innovative, purposeful and challenging.
We are committed to delivering innovative and inspirational teaching that develops confident learners by:
- Encouraging students to take ownership of their learning
- Developing teaching strategies that are innovative, engaging and fun.
- Preparing our students for the challenges ahead and make them ready for life as global citizens
- Enabling our students to become critical, independent thinkers who embrace lifelong learning
- Ensuring that equal opportunity exists to empower our students to achieve their personal best
- Promoting a positive and respectful partnership with students, teachers, parents and the wider community
- Working closely with the school owners and Board of Governors to ensure resources are available to support teaching and learning
GRAMMAR SCHOOL 5 YEAR VISION
2017 to 2022
The Grammar School’s Five Year Vision is to develop and grow successfully towards becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school. This vision is built on the foundation that ‘every child matters’ and has four key focus areas:
- Literacy is the foundation of all learning.
Our student’s ability to read, write, speak, and think critically is crucial to the development of their other skills—and to providing a foundation for success in the 21st Century. We will ensure all students have a strong foundation of literacy skills by the time they leave year 4, and our overall approach to learning—across all subjects and grades—will emphasise and reinforce literacy.
- Nothing matters more to a student’s success than a great teacher.
In order to ensure effective teaching in every classroom and in every subject we must have great teachers. We will reward, recognise, and promote effective teaching and leadership based on a combination of factors, including student growth. We will ensure that Grammar School is led by an effective leadership team, and every student is taught by a highly effective teacher.
- Innovative School & Systems
‘Today’s world demands an emphasis on innovation, data and communications systems, technology, and choice’. We will ensure equal access to high quality school choices and enrichment offerings across the Grammar School; infuse effective technologies and software into our teaching and learning practices; and use data and communications systems to empower our students, parents, staff and our Board of Governors.
‘Students learn and perform better when our School, Parents, Board of Governors, Communities, and Sister Schools work together and support our common goals’. We will be a transparent, listening school that actively pursues collaboration, encourages feedback, respects diversity, and promotes student achievement—and parent and community involvement—in everything we do.
Our vision is targeted at achieving the UAE National AgendaNikke Alley